Why You Should Consider Bamboo Flooring
Bamboo flooring has become popular over the last two decades and with good reason. Bamboo is more efficient than any other wood, providing more wood by the meter than any other plant. It is also a great alternative to hardwoods because of its durability and look. Here are a few good reasons to choose bamboo:
- It’s as strong as oak and lasts at least as long. However, it doesn’t contract and expand as much as other woods, so it’s better for hot humid conditions where hardwood floors would normally not do well.
- It has a unique look. Because of its stripped appearance and even grain, bamboo catches the eye more than any other type of wood floor.
- Bamboo doesn’t dent, scratch, warp or bend as easily as other woods.
- It’s easier to install bamboo flooring than most other materials, as the wood can be glued, stapled, nailed or floated on the floor.
- Bamboo doesn’t stain and it’s resistant to water, making it a great choice for bathrooms and kitchens. To clean it, it can simply be mopped with water once a week. It requires no special products or treatments.