Keeping Your Moving Boxes in Perfect Condition
Whether starting to pack for your move or storing the moving supplies for a while, keeping your moving boxes in perfect condition will ensure that your valuables will make to their destination in one piece.
- Don’t put your moving boxes together until you’re ready to fill them up. Until then, store them flat and against a wall or other structure. This will prevent the moving boxes from bending or breaking.
- Always fill up moving boxes all the way to the top. Empty spaces can cause the moving boxes to crush, not only risking the items inside but also ruining the box itself. If you can’t fill out the cardboard boxes with items, fill the remaining space with moving supplies such as crumbled up packing paper, bubble wrap or house hold items such as towels or sheets, which will act as extra padding.
- When stacking up moving boxes, put the heaviest at the bottom to prevent crushing lighter cardboard boxes.
- Store your packing boxes in a dry environment. Humidity can not only ruin the items inside the box, but it can weaken the cardboard boxes and cause it to break open.
- Distribute weight evenly inside the moving boxes. This will make them easier to pick up and less likely to give out because of the weight.