Organizing for the Time-Crunched
No time to organize the whole house? Here are some tips to keep things in place in just 15 minutes:
- In the kitchen, have a bag holder handy so you can put all the extra shopping bags in as you unload the groceries.
- Throw away any storing containers you can’t find the lids for. You’ll never use them and they will just be around taking counter or cabinet space.
- Resist the temptation of piling up magazines on top of the coffee table.
- Take 15 minutes each week to throw away expired foods from your pantry and leftover that have been in the refrigerator for more than seven days.
- Create a play zone, so toys don’t get dumped all over the house. Place a large chest or 1 or 2 empty cardboard boxes at a corner so all toys can be thrown in at the end of the day.
- Stick to one or two collections, so you can not only contain the clutter but also have a chance to expand them to the max.